What is Junior Keys about?
JKC is our premier foundation piano course where children develop a rich base of important musical skills. This forms an amazing platform on which to study any instrument in the future.
- Reading: notes and rhythm
- Aural skills: by ear recognition of notes and phrases.
- Chord playing: assist in developing skills such as transposition, composition, improvisation and playing by memory.
- Pattern recognition – music is built using patterns. Your child is taught to recognise musical patterns and this aids in memorisation.
- Transposing: is playing known pieces in other keys or positions on the piano. From the early stages your child will transpose.
- Theory: recognition and writing of music.
Junior Keys – Times each Week
Tuesday 4:15 pm
Saturday 10:00 am
Free one on one consultations – get the best start with our complete piano package.
“Great community of musicians, great place to learn!”
Mr Fletcher Blight